Helping people with speech impaired medical conditions to speak!
Touch Voice is a medical speaking App for the iPad® (all versions) which allows speech-impaired persons to communicate.
Touch Voice was designed to address alternative communication needs for some persons with stroke, surgery and other conditions* which affect their speaking ability.
*Medical conditions in which Touch Voice may be able to help people better communicate are: Stroke, ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), traumatic brain injury, Brain tumor, Cerebral palsy, Multiple sclerosis, Ataxia, Laryngeal Cancer and others.
Using Touch Voice, a person can "speak" words and sentences easily by touching their finger to the touch-sensitive screen. A male or female computer-synthesized voice can be selected.
People who can't speak are frustrated trying to communicate with their caregivers, friends, and loved ones. Just as others can be flustrated in trying to communicate with them. Or their speech may be just too weak or inarticulate to understand. By using Touch Voice, they can quickly and easily voice their needs and feelings, thereby better communicating in general. Ultimately this can reduce their stress levels, lead to better care and aid in their recovery.
Touch Voice can be used in any common setting, home, hospital, on the go, etc.
Touch Voice is only a $19.99 App and very affordable when compared to the high costs of other Assistive Technology Speaking Devices, and most tablet Apps, and even after factoring in the cost of the iPad purchase itself. You'll also benefit from free upgrades to the app when new features for Touch Voice are released in the Apple App Store!
- Wide volume range adjustable for speaking in noisy environments
- After App is installed it no longer needs Internet Access (or wi-fi) to function and no need for data plan or carrier (i.e. after the one time initial install of app on iPad using access to an available wi-fi connection and account setup on the Apple App Store) saving you money monthly!
- High visibility in low light environments
- Extra-large keyboard size with larger keys and sufficient separation for reducing input errors
- Large immediate speaking Yes and No buttons on every speech input screen
- Ability to concatenate word phrases with keyboard input, thus forming complex sentences easily